Citizens of New Zealand are among the 170 nationalities eligible to apply for an online visa for INDIAN VISA FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS.
The simplified Indian eVisa application for New Zealanders allows travelers to easily obtain electronic travel authorization for India from the comfort of their own home.
This online visa to enter India removes the need to visit an embassy or consulate to submit an application in person or wait in long border queues to apply for an Indian visa on arrival.
Do I Need a Visa to Go to India from New Zealand?
New Zealand passport holders are required to have an approved visa for India no matter the intended length of stay in the country or the purpose of the travel.
The traditional visa application process involves visiting an embassy or consulate of India in New Zealand to apply in person. However, it is now possible to submit an India eVisa application from New Zealand exclusively online.
More information can be found on the India visa policy, where New Zealanders can learn how the online visa works in detail.
What is an India eVisa for New Zealand Citizens and What Does It Do?
The Indian eVisa for New Zealand passport holders is an electronic visa introduced in 2014 to expedite entry to the country for purposes of tourism, business, medical treatment, or to accompany someone undergoing a medical procedure in India.
It may be issued as a:
- Tourist e-Visa: New Zealanders can get a multiple-entry visa that allows up to 90 days for tourism with each entry and is valid for 365 days from the date of approval. They can also obtain a double-entry tourist visa that allows a total stay of up to 30 days.
- Business e-Visa: Permits the NZ holder to stay in India for up to 180 days during its one-year validity. Can be used for business activities such as meetings and contract negotiations, training purposes, or to attend a conference, workshop or symposium.
- Medical e-Visa: Issued to citizens of New Zealand who wish to seek medical treatment in India as well as up to 2 companions who wish to travel with the patient (although for children it is only available as a patient visa). It permits a maximum 60-day consecutive stay and is valid for 120 days from approval.
All of the different India e-Visa types for New Zealanders are multiple-entry travel authorizations, with the exception of the online medical visa, which is a triple-entry visa. The second and third entries to India with an approved Medical e-Visa should be within 60 days of the first.
Further details can be obtained via the Indian embassies and consulates in New Zealand.
Documents Required for an Indian eVisa for New Zealanders Application
In order to submit an online India visa application for tourism from INDIAN VISA FOR SWISS CITIZENS, it is necessary to have the following:
- New Zealand passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the expected date of arrival in India, containing at least 2 blank pages
- Digital image of the passport information page (also known as the biographical page)
- A recent photograph of the applicant, passport-style
- Valid credit or debit card
New Zealander applicants for an Indian business e-Visa must also have a business card providing details of a host company in India. Additionally, Medical e-Visa applicants are asked to supply a certified letter from an Indian hospital or medical center.
It is always useful to have at hand the visa requirements for New Zealand citizens in order to learn the general conditions and information required.