Applying for an India electronic visa has been very common recently for more than 150 nationalities including Swedish. This has become popular since it was launched, and the fact that INDIAN VISA FOR SWEDISH CITIZENS no longer need to go to the Indian embassy for their visa has become a big part of that. All you need to have is a device and an internet connection, and you can apply online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I have a Swedish passport, do I need a visa to visit India?
Yes, Swedish passport holders are required to apply for a India Tourist eVisa. You can check the requirements here.
Which visa types are there for Swedish travelers?
There are these types of visas for Swedish citizens:
- Tourist e-Visa.
- Business e-Visa.
- Medical e-Visa.
PLEASE NOTE: the information on this blog is about the India Tourist eVisa. Data can change depending on the visa type you need. You can check additional information and requirements for the Business and Medical eVisa here.
What is a Tourist eVisa?
How long is the Indian Tourist eVisa for?
This Tourist eVisa has a validity of 1 year after issued. It grants Multiple Entry for a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry per entry.
What are the documents required to apply?
While iVisa is happy to do most of the work for Swedish Citizens, you still need to provide the necessary documents for the process. There are only a few on the list and they are easy to obtain INDIAN VISA FOR SPANISH CITIZENS. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you will have no issues with obtaining a passport, and if you already have one, take a look at its expiry date.
- Digital photo of yourself – it is preferable that the photo is as recent as possible. You should not make face gestures in it, and the background should be white. Just scan it and upload it when you are told to.
- A passport scan of the information page
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, and since Paypal has become quite standard these days, you can use that as well.
What are the processing times and prices?
Keep in mind that the cost of an India eVisa will depend on two factors that you will choose: visa type (tourist, business, medical) and processing time. For the processing time, you have three options to choose from, and they are as follows:
- Standard processing – 5 days. Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. It only costs USD $92.49 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – 3 days. The cost goes a bit higher than with the previous option. You will be charged USD $161.99 (service fees included).
- Super Rush processing time – 36 hours. As you can expect, the price goes even higher. This option will cost you USD $205.99 (service fees included).
Click here to start your application.
How does the India Tourist eVisa work?
In November 2014, the Indian Government introduced an online tourist Visa (eVisa) for 43 countries. This was done to promote travel to India without necessitating a trip to the embassy or waiting in long lines at border control. The following year, India rolled out its eVisa program for other major world countries. In April 2017, India retooled its eVisa program, introducing visa subcategories for tourists, business travelers, and medical visits.
Currently, travelers from more than 160 countries can apply for a Tourist eVisa, Business eVisa or Medical eVisa, depending on the purpose of their visit to India. Travelers who use the eVisa program apply, pay a fee online and receive their electronic visa online before traveling to India. Yes, it’s that simple.
How long does it take to apply for an Indian Tourist eVisa?
Filling in the application form with your data will take you less than 10 minutes.
How can I apply for an Indian Tourist eVisa?
While most of us have negative experiences with forms, iVisa surely made things easier for Swedish Citizen. The form we provide is broken down into three easy steps, and if you are in need of help, iVisa’s awesome support service will take your call 24/7 and will guide you through the process.
- For the first step, Swedish Citizens need to insert your basic information– such as name, address, e-mail, passport info, date of birth, marital status, and so on. In this step, you are also required to choose the visa type and the processing time**.
- Then, the next step is about revision and payment. Here, you need to make sure that the information you provided is correct and accurate, as you can no longer make any changes once it has been processed. Make sure that you double-check every piece of information before submitting the application.
- The last step consists of a personal questionnaire and photo upload. You will be asked to upload additional documents, which is a case to case basis. Not all Swedish Citizen need to upload the same amount. Not to worry, you will be instructed what you need to upload.
Click here to apply. Once you complete all three steps, just submit your application and wait for it to arrive in your e-mail inbox in the timeframe you chose.
What happens after I have applied?
You just need to wait for your India Tourist eVisa to be sent by email in the timeframe you chose in PDF format. No need to deal with the embassy.
How can I apply for my family or friends?
Yes you can, just making sure you have all the required documents (you can see above in this article). You can apply here entering his or her data. In case you need to apply for more than one person, you can do so by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form and completing the data required.
What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?
If you made a mistake in your application, just contact one of our customer service representatives immediately. We will be ready to help you 24/7.
If we already submitted your application, you will NOT be able to make any changes and you will have to apply again but we will NOT charge you another service fee.