Are you considering seeing more of the world? From having one of the Wonders of the World, to its colors and spices, India is the perfect destination for many.
That’s because the whole purpose of traveling is getting exposed to new cultures, histories, and ideas you might otherwise be unaware of. There is no better place to discover all this than INDIAN VISA FOR MALAYSIAN CITIZENS in a country that is beautiful in any weather.
If you’re a Malaysian passport holder preparing to tour around India, you probably have a few questions concerning the travel requirements to apply for an Indian eVisa. Read below to find the answers to some of the most commonly asked question
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I HAVE A MALAYSIAN PASSPORT, DO I NEED A VISA TO VISIT INDIA?
Yes, you will need a traditional or an electronic tourist visa. Although most people will only consider investing in a traditional visa, this could take some extra time and sometimes extra money. Worst still, you might invest a lot of time going to the embassy.
If you opt to use iVisa to get your electronic visa to enter India, you will find the process to be relatively simple and fast. iVisa is an online website dedicated to providing fast and secure electronic visas. You can check the requirements to apply for an eVisa here.
WHICH VISA TYPES ARE AVAILABLE FOR MALAYSIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS?
The following India Visas are available for Malaysian passport holders visiting India:
- Tourist eVisa.
- Business eVisa.
- Medical eVisa.
NOTE: This blog is about the India Tourist eVisa. Information can vary for the Business and Medical Visas, click the links to find out the exact requirements.
WHAT IS AN INDIA TOURIST EVISA?
The India Tourist eVisa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India and is electronically linked to your passport.
HOW LONG CAN VISITORS WITH A MALAYSIAN PASSPORT STAY IN INDIA WITH A TOURIST EVISA?
There are 3 Tourist visa types available to Malaysian visitors entering India with a Tourist eVisa.
- The double entry Tourist eVisa – Valid for 30 days
- The Multiple entry Tourist eVisa – Valid for 1 year
- The Multiple entry Tourist eVisa – Valid for 5 years
Both the 1year and 5 years visas allows for a continuous stay during each visit which shall not exceed 90 days in Total.
All 3 visa types should be used within 120 days (4 months) of issue.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY?
To apply online with iVisa, we require just a few documents from you:
- Valid passport – the general requirement is that your INDIAN VISA FOR NORWEGIAN CITIZENS passport needs to be valid for three months after your visa expires.
- A passport scan – we only need the information page of your passport. Here you will find instructions on how to take the best passport scan for your application.
- A passport photo – that needs to follow these requirements.
- E-mail address – when applying with iVisa, your visa will be sent to you via e-mail, so make sure that you include a valid e-mail address.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment such as credit and debit cards. Do not forget to double-check the spelling and information is correct before submitting your application.