QuickBooks’ point-of-sale feature is a multifunctional tool, but it may encounter errors. Installing the POS feature incorrectly can result in QuickBooks error 1706, preventing users from using the POS functions. Several factors, such as problems with the Intuit update service, can cause this error code. To resolve the error code effectively, follow the steps outlined in this blog. If you are unable to resolve the issue, our team of QuickBooks experts at TFN can assist you.
QuickBooks Error 1706 occurs when the installation of QuickBooks POS is incomplete or when there is a problem with the installation source.
The following are some possible reasons for QuickBooks POS error 1706
1. The Microsoft Net framework may be damaged or corrupted.
2. The Microsoft framework may not be running properly, causing QuickBooks to be unable to install the feature.
3. Damage to the QuickBooks POS installation files can cause the 1706 error.
4. Using an outdated version of QuickBooks POS can cause compatibility issues.
5. The Intuit update service may not be running properly.
Read also: QuickBooks error 3371
The following steps can be used to resolve QuickBooks installation error 1706
Step 1 – Update the QuickBooks POS Feature from the Help Menu
1. Open the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale feature on your computer and click on the Help tab, then choose the About Point of Sale option.
2. Ensure that you have QuickBooks Desktop Point 18.0 installed, and if not, check for the latest updates by going to the Product Download Page.
3. Choose the correct edition for your QB POS Desktop version by selecting the Select Product option from the drop-down list.
4. Click Get the Latest Updates and save the file to the desktop, then double-click it after the download is complete to begin the installation.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the latest version and check if the 1706 error code is resolved.
Step 2 – Reinstall the Point-of-Sale Feature and Restart the POS Program
1. Locate and double-click the POS download file and click Yes to All, then hit Next to accept the license agreement.
2. Enter the Product Number and your License Information in the appropriate fields, and then click Next to choose between the single-user or multi-user options.
In conclusion, this blog provides solutions to eliminate QuickBooks error 1706. If the error code remains unresolved, please contact our support team at TFN for direct assistance.
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) is a powerful accounting software solution for small to medium-sized businesses. It offers various features such as inventory management, sales tracking, and customer management. However, users may encounter errors while using QuickBooks POS. One such error is QuickBooks Error 1706.
QuickBooks Error 1706 is a common error that occurs when the installation of QuickBooks POS is incomplete or when there is a problem with the installation source. The error message may read “Error 1706: No valid source could be found for the product [product name]. The Windows Installer cannot continue.”
There are several reasons why this error can occur. One of the most common reasons is when the installation file or CD is damaged or corrupt. In such cases, the installation process is unable to complete successfully. Another reason could be when the installation source is not available or is inaccessible. This may happen if the user tries to install the software from a network drive or a USB drive that has been removed.
The error can also occur due to a conflict with other software installed on the computer. For instance, if the computer already has an antivirus program installed, it may interfere with the installation process of QuickBooks POS. This can cause the installation process to fail, resulting in Error 1706.
Another reason for this error is an outdated operating system. QuickBooks POS requires a certain version of the operating system to be installed. If the operating system is outdated or not compatible with QuickBooks POS, the installation process may fail, and Error 1706 may occur.
See also: QuickBooks Error 1712
QuickBooks Error 1706 can cause several issues for users. It can prevent the software from functioning properly, and the user may not be able to access the features and functions of QuickBooks POS. The error can also prevent the user from installing any updates or upgrades to the software, which can affect the overall performance of the software.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Error 1706 is a common error that can occur while using QuickBooks POS. The error can be caused by various factors such as damaged installation files, inaccessible installation sources, conflicts with other software, and outdated operating systems. It can cause several issues for users and prevent them from accessing the features and functions of QuickBooks POS. It is recommended to resolve this error as soon as possible to ensure that the software functions correctly. It is essential to identify the root cause of the error and take appropriate steps to resolve it. Users may need to seek professional assistance if they are unable to resolve the error on their own.